Dhaka Climate & Temperature
- Dhaka, Bangladesh is at 23°37'N, 90°30'E, 9 m (30 ft). See map.
- Dhaka has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Aw) with a pronounced dry season in the low-sun months , no cold season, wet season is in the high-sun months.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Dhaka is situated in or near the subtropical moist forest biome.
- The annual average temperature is 26.1 degrees Celsius (79 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 9 °C (16.2°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1875 mm (73.8 inches) which is equivalent to 1875 Litres/m² (45.99 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Dhaka you would pop up nearest to the climate station at San Juan Bautista, Robinson Crusoe Island, Juan Fernández Islands where you would find a Mediterranean climate.
Dhaka Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Dhaka Climate Graph in Metric Units
Dhaka Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Dhaka, Bangladesh Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Guwahati, India - 297 kms (184.5 miles) NNE
- Cherrapunji, India - 220.4 kms (137 miles) NE
- Cherrapunji, Meghalaya, India - 220.4 kms (137 miles) NE
- Homalin, Myanmar - 468.8 kms (291.3 miles) ENE
- Kalewa, Myanmar - 390.5 kms (242.7 miles) E
- Chittagong, Bangladesh - 196.1 kms (121.9 miles) SE
- Monywa, Myanmar - 503.8 kms (313 miles) ESE
- Mindat, Myanmar - 432.7 kms (268.9 miles) SE
- Sittwe, Myanmar - 458.8 kms (285.1 miles) SSE