Dhaka Climate & Temperature
- Dhaka, Bangladesh is at 23°37'N, 90°30'E, 9 m (30 ft). See map.
- Dhaka has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Aw) with a pronounced dry season in the low-sun months , no cold season, wet season is in the high-sun months.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Dhaka is situated in or near the subtropical moist forest biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 26.1 degrees Celsius (79 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 9 °C (16.2°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1875 mm (73.8 inches) which is equivalent to 1875 Litres/m² (45.99 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Dhaka you would come out nearest to the climate station at San Juan Bautista, Robinson Crusoe Island, Juan Fernández Islands where you would find a Mediterranean climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Dhaka, Bangladesh Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Guwahati, India - 297 kms (184.5 miles) NNE
- Cherrapunji, India - 220.4 kms (137 miles) NE
- Cherrapunji, Meghalaya, India - 220.4 kms (137 miles) NE
- Homalin, Myanmar - 468.8 kms (291.3 miles) ENE
- Kalewa, Myanmar - 390.5 kms (242.7 miles) E
- Chittagong, Bangladesh - 196.1 kms (121.9 miles) SE
- Monywa, Myanmar - 503.8 kms (313 miles) ESE
- Mindat, Myanmar - 432.7 kms (268.9 miles) SE
- Sittwe, Myanmar - 458.8 kms (285.1 miles) SSE